Friday 24 November 2006

GETTING TO KNOW ME

I can't be sure who I am and so, in all honesty, what I am sharing with you is much guess work. Yes, the state knows me as my given name, who my parents are, the date I was born, where I was born and lately my religious fate. The state gave me a number, part of a series that is expected to go on and on and on... You catch my drift? I am but a number verified by my thumb print. Therefore, but for the personal numbers we have been assigned, you and I are essentially the same.

I resent this thought. The state cannot take away my individuality even if it took my numbers after I am dead and assign it to another.

I am me. Call me whatever you like I will be me even in my state of not knowing who I really am. And so, I invite you to give me a name and tell me why you think I should be that name.
But before that a few hints to assist in this naming game.
1. I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR
2. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
3. Immortality
4. Moonlight Sonata

No comments: